Austin doesn't remember ever going to a fair. Although he did go once with his cousins in Arizona. The boys all got to jump with a harness on and they had fun. However, I think the oldest boy was about 6.
This week the Utah State Fair started. I decided that we would go. Austin wasn't real happy at first because he thought it would be boring. He was wrong! He had fun. Of course it helps when mommy buys things!
Remember the big slide in Michigan that used to be at Sears? The "Super Slide". When Mom and Dad would take us there it was the best. It didn't stay there though. There's a reason for the reminiscing--
Here is our top 10 things to do at the Fair:
10. Watch an old lady try alligator meat.
9. Look at the photography entrants.
8. Go into the Nintendo DSi trailer and play with the camera and sound.
7. Eat pizza at our favorite pizza place(The Pie Pizzaria.)
6. Purchase a green and black belt. (Coolio!)
5. Eat cinnamon sugar coated pecans
4. Pay only $25 for a one night stay in a five star hotel (Actually they want to sell us a time share)
3. Buy the book, The Runelords
2. Meet the author, David Farland, who signed the book.
1. Take a ride down "The Super Slide".
I do remember the Super Slide, mainly because I remember climbing up the 100 stairs to get the top, looking down that huge slide, and climbing right back down the stairs! I have made it through 36 years without ever going down a super slide, and I hope to keep it that way.
ReplyDeleteIt's not too bad if you don't look down once you climb to the top. Plus-the heavier you are the faster you go-so if you and I race-you would be slower than I and it wouldn't be scary! :)
ReplyDelete