Friday, June 25, 2010

Still 15

First, sorry for the double Kirby posting. I had it cross posted from blip.tv but for some reason the process that usually take minutes took days. Since I thought it wasn't going to work I posted it myself. Hence, two postings on Kirby's tragedy. I could delete one, but he went through such trauma I decided he deserved two postings.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I think age 15 must have been the most interesting year of my life. A couple postings ago I wrote about a bracelet I was given from a boy. I remember another boy who I knew at school. I wasn't popular and did not have many friends so remember that as I tell you my story.

Alex was a year ahead of me in school. I usually ate my lunch tucked in the doorway of a classroom by myself. One day Alex walked down the hallway I was hiding in and stopped to talk. In the course of a few weeks I found out that I really liked him. He was Hispanic and as my parents can tell you I have a thing for beautiful brown skin. I don't know why. I think it's sexy....I'm as white as can be--not sexy..:)

Anyway-I started hearing rumors about Alex. Some I knew were true and some I didn't know. He had a girlfriend and they had recently broken up. That part was a well known rumor at the high school. The part I didn't know and never learned if it was true was that the reason they broke up was because she was pregnant.

Nothing scares a "good Mormon" girl more than thinking she is in 'like' with a bad boy. Well, there were other rumors such as Alex was a part of the "druggie" group. I don't know if I believe that because I don't remember ever smelling anything on him. Somehow Alex got my home phone number. I didn't give it to him, so he must have done some investigating. He started calling me at home.

My parents didn't really get mad, but I knew they weren't crazy about the fact that a boy was calling me. After all, dating wasn't allowed until 16. I could go to dances, but never felt comfortable at a dance, so I didn't go very often, and never went to a school dance.

Well, Alex called a lot and the rumors I had been hearing were bothering me. Finally during one call Alex asked if I would go to a dance with him. I told him I wasn't allowed to date until I was 16 and I couldn't dance. Of course I meant I literally did not know how to dance. He must have thought I meant I could not attend a dance.

Never heard from Alex again. But still have that desire to date and marry someone with darker skin than I. And the cute accent of someone who has learned English as a second language is way sexy. Think of the cute babies--never mind-I'm too old for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment