Tuesday, July 13, 2010

16 Wishes

I watched a Disney movie about a week ago entitled 16 wishes. The premise of the movie is that the girl wrote a list of 16 things she wished she could change in her life. Then, she would light a candle with the number of the wish she wanted to happen and BAM! She went back in time to see how changing the past affected her and others around her.

I've been thinking about my 16 wishes.

WARNING: Going with the theme of the movie they will be maybe selfish, but I'll follow up with the unselfish list later. :)


1. Not be so painfully shy as far back as I remember.

2. Tell my Mom I love her more often when I was a teenager.

3. Went to Mexico City to visit my first boyfriend when I had the opportunity.

4. Gone home immediately when I found out my Grandpa was dying instead of waiting a day.

5. Be a better example for my siblings. Stayed closer to them when they were teenagers.

6. Stayed in Arizona and kept my job there (I could retire with 30 years in five years from now).

7. Kept my primary bracelet and Young Woman's medallion

8. Kept my album collection

9. Not sold my books at a garage sale.

10. Treated my step kids better-told them I love them more.

11. Had a little sister for Austin.

12. Visited Arizona more after I moved away.

13. Saved more money.

14. Traveled to more places.

15. Learned to dance.

16. Got rid of the extra weight after giving birth instead of hanging on to it.


There you have it..... my 16 wishes....at least for today.

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to dance too... I was in ballet when I was little and tried it again in college (I let too much time pass in between so I missed out on that road). There are a lot more styles to dance than ballet that I would've loved to try too that I didn't even consider till college. Little too late!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one about grandpa made me sad...

    Thanks for your nice comments on my article :)

    ReplyDelete