Today it is cloudy and drizzling. I got up, took Austin to a church basketball playoff game and then took Kirby to the groomer. After dropping Kirby off I picked up a friend and went to Seagull Books. I bought $70 worth of on sale items and saved $190. I can go for that! The best part is all but $4.00 of the items are for NEXT Christmas!
Yes, it's true. I'm a Christmas-shopper-a-holic. I don't know of a 12 step group for recovery of this addiction. I can't help it. I just have to start shopping in January. Mainly because I'm a cheater. My extended family exchanges names, but I cheat and buy little things for everybody anyway. (Don't blame me--it's an addiction that is genetically passed in families.)
After receiving the great news about all my savings I took my friend home, picked Kirby up, picked up something for Austin to eat for lunch and came home.
I don't know about you, but rainy days and Saturdays always....make me tired! So, I took my Nook into my bedroom, turned on the electric blanket, and fell asleep.
When I awoke an hour and a half later, I finished reading my book--on my Nook. :)
I can't tell you what I am reading as it is a series that I am purchasing for one of my nephews for Christmas!!!! But I will tell you one of my students told me about this series and I LOVE it!
A few minutes ago I read my sister's blog and then I read my sister-in-law's blog. Then, feeling as though I am the behind-the-news blogger, decided to write about my wonderful afternoon. Now, I have another sister's blog that just popped up so I have to read that one too!
Yes, even though the morning was great the nap and reading was the best part of my day!
Well, I'm not too surprised about your Christmas shopping! And, for a minute there, you sounded a little like Dr. Seuss :)
ReplyDeleteFunny-I had the same thought when I noticed that I wrote I had read a book on my Nook :)
ReplyDelete