Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jobs

I am not exactly unbiased when I think about jobs. Here's my new dilemma. In the job I have now I don't think I can move up--for example to an assistant principal or principal. I'm not really taken seriously when applying for these positions because I am not in the classroom anymore.

So-I'm thinking I should go back to the classroom. I have been interviewing, but it is such a hard year to get a change in positions (economy, budget cuts). However, I have an opportunity where I am pretty sure I could get a sixth grade position. It is with a principal I like, at a school I like.

Pro--better chance of moving to an administrative position in the future; I prefer teaching kids than working with computers and complaining teachers.
Con--$200 paycut; unsure if I can teach 6th grade.

Any advice?

2 comments:

  1. You gotta look to the future. If your budget can handle it, I say back to the classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a great teacher! Go for it! Do what's best for you in the long run. By the way, I'm impressed - you walk 5 miles a day? Incredible!!

    ReplyDelete