Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fishing For Comments

Okay you guys. When a person texts you and says, "Check out my blog" that generally means the person really, really wants you to see something new on the blog. When you say, "I'll do that now" that generally means (loosely translated) I am going there as I am texting this response and even as I finish this text I am looking at it and am genuinely entertained. It also means-I am not only genuinely entertained, but I am a bit jealous at the creative endeavor the creator of the podcast undertook while on vacation. In fact, if I (the textee and reader of the blog) really think about it and if I had $1,000,000,000 I would pay the creator (texter, podcaster) a lot of money.

All of the previous genuine perusal of the blog generally causes one to write a comment about the podcast posted on the previously posted and discussed blog. In fact, not saying something like, "Ha ha, funny" or even, "This is really lame" makes the creator of the blog (podcast) wonder if the recipients of the above original text really looked at the blog.

So-while the original texter may have more time on her hands than say,for example, the textees, one must genuinely (I like this word today) wonder if it was worth the four hours it took to compile the podcast from the previous day's blog post.

Feel guilty yet? Post a response then! :)

3 comments:

  1. Well, I have all kind of excusses for not checking out your blog as promised. But for now this will have to do .... I received your text while I was driving and not wanting to become a statistic I waited until I got to my destination. Then when I got home I forgot to look. Today I looked (listned) ((liked)).
    DAD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dad!!! You weren't the only one I texted though. Can you tell I was a little bored last night?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say... no, I dont feel bad because I didn't get a text :p I think I'm a fairly good commenter... I usually comment more on other people than they do on me. Meh.

    The best is when people say, "I don't care about comments". Of course they do!!

    ReplyDelete